Audition at Curtain Players
Interested in auditioning? Great! The following information will help you prepare:
- Review the 2017-2018 Audition Schedule below.
- Learn more about Curtain Players' audition process.
- Important Documents:
- CP Audition Form - Download, print, and complete beforehand and bring with you to your audition. Forms will also be made available at the theater during audition registration, which begins at 6:30pm.
- Participation Agreement - The Participation Agreement for the 2017-2018 season describes the guidelines that cast and crew are expected to follow. If cast, you will be provided a copy to complete.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com or call the hotline at 614.360.1000. We look forward to seeing you at the theater!
To learn more about a particular audition, click on the date that corresponds to it:
- Lettice and Lovage: November 19, 2017
- Trip to Bountiful: January 14, 2018
- Exit the King: February 11, 2018
Curtain Players Audition Process
Curtain Players conducts one evening of auditions per production. The auditions are held on a Sunday evening, approximately twelve weeks prior to opening night. Rehearsals begin approximately eight weeks before the premiere.
On the evening of the audition, the registration process will begin at 6:30pm, allowing the actual audition to start promptly at 7:00pm. In the event that someone wishing to audition is not available to attend on the appointed date, an early audition may be requested of the director. The early audition will be granted solely at the director's discretion. The request for an early audition must be made no later than the Sunday two weeks prior to the scheduled audition date.
A few weeks before the audition, Curtain Players will have a Script Review Session. On that date, scripts will be made available to interested actors and crew members so they can learn more about the show. Our goal is to have the director present to answer any questions specific to the production.
Questions related to the audition process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.