A Christmas Carol
Directed by Heather Schultz
Produced by Sean Brinker
Stage Manager Wendy Brinker
Script Review: August 26, 2018
Audition: Sept. 9, 2018
Dec. 2, 9 & 16, 2018 at 2:00PM
A Curtain Panels audience talkback follows the December 9 matinee.
- Seeking children (of elementary & middle school ages), teens (high school & early 20s) and adult actors.
- All actors (except Scrooge) will play multiple characters.
- Males cast in roles will be required to provide their own black or dark brown pants, white button-down dress shirts, and black or dark brown shoes/boots.
- Females cast in roles will be required to provide their own off-white blouses and black shoes/granny boots (character shoes are acceptable).
- There will be period dancing in show, so dance experience is helpful, but not required.
- Scrooge – A miserly and miserable man shown the error of his ways by three ghostly visitors.
- Bob Cratchit – Scrooge's long-suffering clerk.
- Jacob Marley – Scrooge's deceased friend and business partner who comes back to warn Scrooge that he needs to change his heart.
- Tiny Tim – Bob's physically challenged, bright, and loving youngest son.
- Mrs. Cratchit and children
- Mr. and Mrs. Fezziwig & their daughters – Young Scrooge's employer.
- Young Scrooge
- Belle – Fezziwig's niece and Young Scrooge's love interest.
- Child Scrooge
- Fan – Scrooge's sister.
- Fred – Scrooge's happy-go-lucky nephew who is filled with love and hope for Scrooge.
- Ghost of Christmas Past
- Ghost of Christmas Present
- Ghost of Christmas Future
- Incidental parts
An adaptation of the story of Ebenezer Scrooge's journey from an embittered, ungenerous creature into a giving, caring human being at the hands of three spirits, who, one Christmas Eve, show him what life means.
Script Review, auditions and performances take place at:
Curtain Players Theatre
5691 Harlem Road, Galena, OH 43021
Curtain Players offers a script review session for each of its productions as a help for actors seeking roles, but attendance is not required to audition. The event is an opportunity for actors to become acquainted with the community theatre organization, to discuss the play with the director, and to ask questions about the audition process, rehearsal period, and production plans. Those interested in working behind the scenes are also invited to attend.
Curtain Players conducts open auditions for its productions. Roles are not cast in advance. Casting decisions are made by the director and a casting committee comprised of a member of the theatre board, a general member of the organization, and individuals of the director's choosing.
Actors are encouraged to come to auditions familiar with the script and ready to read cuttings from the script. Every effort will be made to give actors equal chances to read. Resumes and head shots are helpful but not necessary.
Curtain Players has donated two copies of the script to Westerville Public Library for general circulation.
Curtain Players conducts one evening of auditions for each production. This audition is conducted on Sunday, September 9. Requests for an alternate audition opportunity will be considered by the director if received by August 26. Please submit those to email@example.com
Questions related to the audition process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A tentative rehearsal schedule for A Christmas Carol will be available at the script review.
Curtain Players donation in
The Giving Store!
Not only does it feel great to volunteer, house staff see performances for free! Learn more >