Murder Among Friends
Directed by John Grote
Production Kickoff: August 30, 2020
Audition: September 13, 2020
Dec. 13 & 20, 2020 at 2:00PM
Unless specifically noted, all roles are open to all regardless of race or ethnicity.
The play is set in New York City on New Year's Eve and is going to be set in present day.
There is explicit language in the show. Actors should be able to play the ages suggested even though it may not be their current age.
- Ted Cotton – (30s) Young attractive talent agent for Palmer. He is sleeping with both Angela and Palmer. Must be comfortable wearing just boxers on stage. Has to kiss both Angela and Palmer.
- Angela Forrester – (30s - early 40s) Married to Palmer and is sleeping with Ted. Is very rich. Must be comfortable wearing just underwear or slip on stage. Has to kiss both Ted and Palmer.
- Palmer Forrester – (40s - 50s) A Broadway actor who is not doing well, very vain. Married to Angela and sleeping with Ted. Has to Kiss both Ted and Angela.
- Marshall Saidenberg – (50s - 70s) A long time Broadway producer who is friends with the Forresters, married to Gert.
- Gert Saidenberg – (50s - 70s) Married to Marshall, friends with the Forresters.
- Larry – (30s - 40s) A friend of Ted, has a secret about himself, a Puerto Rican accent is needed.
Take an aging, exceedingly vain actor; his very rich wife; a double dealing, double loving agent; plunk them down in an elegant New York duplex and add dialogue crackling with wit and laughs and what do you have? The basic elements for an evening of pure, sophisticated entertainment! Angela, the wife and Ted, the agent, are lovers and plan to murder Palmer, the actor, during a contrived robbery on New Year's Eve. But actor and agent are also lovers and have an identical plan to do in the wife. A murder occurs, but not one of the planned ones.
Script review, auditions, and performances take place at:
Curtain Players Theatre
5691 Harlem Road, Galena, OH 43021
Curtain Players offers a information session for each of its productions as a help for actors seeking roles, but attendance is not required to audition. The event is an opportunity for actors to become acquainted with the community theatre organization, to discuss the play with the director, and to ask questions about the audition process, rehearsal period, and production plans. Those interested in working behind the scenes are also invited to attend.
Curtain Players conducts open auditions for its productions.
Roles are not cast in advance, and, unless specified otherwise in the role's description, are open to all without regard to race or ethnicity.
Casting decisions are made by the director and a casting committee comprised of a member of the theatre board, a general member of the organization, and individuals of the director's choosing.
Actors are encouraged to come to auditions familiar with the script and ready to read cuttings from the script. Every effort will be made to give actors equal chances to read. Resumes and head shots are helpful but not necessary.
Requests for an early audition for Murder Among Friends must be made no later than August 30, 2020.
Questions related to the audition process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsals will be Sunday night thru Thursday nights ideally. May not be 5 days a week through the entire rehearsal process.
Curtain Players donation in
The Giving Store!
Not only does it feel great to volunteer, house staff see performances for free! Learn more >