My Three Angels
Directed by Stephen Grinch
Production Kickoff: January 23, 2022
Audition: February 06, 2022
May 13 & 22, 2022 at 2:00PM
Unless specifically noted, all roles are open to all regardless of race or ethnicity.
- Felix Ducotel – (M 35-55) An honest man, kind to a fault, who has no guile and is easily pushed around. He is very formal, and insists on wearing a business suit in the tropical heat for propriety's sake. Married to Emilie, father to Marie Louise.
- Emilie Ducotel – (F 35-55+) Felix's wife. Marie Louise's mother. The glue of the family, frustrated by her husband but still very much in love with him. She is the anchor of the family and really ought to be running the shop.
- Marie Louise Ducotel – (F 18-25) Daughter of Felix and Emilie. A young girl in all regards, she tends towards the dramatic, but she has a good heart. Madly in (and out of) love with Paul.
- Mme. Parole – (F 40+) An overbearing patron of the shop, talkative and verging on the uncouth. She does not care to pay her tab at the shop.
- Joseph – (M 30+) Convict #3011. A natural-born salesman, he could sell ice to penguins. Imaginative and a smooth-talker. Loves selling and making deals.
- Jules – (M 30+) Convict #6817. A romantic soul, he is perhaps the most "normal" of the convicts. He loves creature comforts and does his best to make the Ducotel's Christmas a happy one.
- Alfred – (M 25+) Convict #4707 - The youngest and most immature of the convicts, he's the muscle of the crew, and easily the most dangerous. He keeps a pet snake, and he has an eye for Marie Louise.
- Henri Trochard – (M 35+) Felix's cousin by marriage. A man with little kindness in his heart, he sees everything, including love, in terms of profit margin.
- Paul – (M 18-25) Henri's son. In love with Marie Louise, but unwilling to cross his father over the matter. At the end of the day, he is much more like his father than he realizes.
- Lieutenant – (M 18-25) A handsome naval officer with a letter of introduction to Felix. Tired after a long night's work. (Basically a walk-on role at the end of the play.)
- Adolphe – (snake, 1-10) snake - no acting experience necessary.
It's Christmas Eve in the tropical prison colony of Cayenne, French Guiana, where the temperature has graciously dropped to 104 degrees. Hopeless shopkeeper Felix Dulay has hired three convicts - two of them murderers, the third a swindler - to fix his roof. But when Felix's evil cousin arrives to oust Felix and his family from their business, the three convicts realize the Dulays need a few guardian angels, and decide to use every criminal art they possess to set matters right.
Script review, auditions, and performances take place at:
Curtain Players Theatre
5691 Harlem Road, Galena, OH 43021
Curtain Players offers a information session for each of its productions as a help for actors seeking roles, but attendance is not required to audition. The event is an opportunity for actors to become acquainted with the community theatre organization, to discuss the play with the director, and to ask questions about the audition process, rehearsal period, and production plans. Those interested in working behind the scenes are also invited to attend.
Curtain Players conducts open auditions for its productions.
Roles are not cast in advance, and, unless specified otherwise in the role's description, are open to all without regard to race or ethnicity.
Casting decisions are made by the director and a casting committee comprised of a member of the theatre board, a general member of the organization, and individuals of the director's choosing.
Actors are encouraged to come to auditions familiar with the script and ready to read cuttings from the script. Every effort will be made to give actors equal chances to read. Resumes and head shots are helpful but not necessary.
Requests for an early audition for My Three Angels must be made no later than January 23, 2022.
Questions related to the audition process may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsals for our productions begin in an offsite location, to be determined for each production. Approximately one month before opening night, rehearsals move into the Harlem Road playhouse.
Curtain Players donation in
The Giving Store!
Not only does it feel great to volunteer, house staff see performances for free! Learn more >