Directed by Heather Schultz
Stage Manager Jeremy Harrison
Production Kickoff: September 18, 2022
Audition: September 25, 2022
Dec. 11 & 18, 2022 at 2:00PM
Unless specifically noted, all roles are open to all regardless of race or ethnicity.
- Hank – Married to Kate; father of 4 children; President of Universal Pumps, a manufacturer of pumps for oil rigs; has a deep secret about his relationship with his recently deceased friend, Freddie.
- Kate – Married to Hank; mother of 4 children; reporter for a local newspaper. Kate and Hank were childhood sweethearts.
- Paul – Married to Alice; father of 2 children; a Washington bureaucrat.
- Alice – Married to Paul; mother of 2 children; obsessed with the many infidelities she imagines Paul has had during their marriage but has no proof. She is the only person that did not grow up with the rest of the group.
- Andy – Divorced from Nessa; President of an advertising firm; lives in New York.
- Nessa – Divorced from Andy; a bold and unapologetic writer whose first novel was published two months ago; also lives in New York.
This is a story of 6 friends (Alice married into the group) who grew up together in Kansas City and have all managed to stay friends, visiting each other once or twice a year.
There is a long trust between them that has never been broken.
Now, one of them, Freddie (the only admitted homosexual of the group), has died and, at his behest, six of his friends gather at the home of Hank and Kate in Kansas City. As the liquor flows and memories are brought forth, a deeply held secret is revealed that jeopardizes a marriage and has friends choosing sides. With the spirit of Freddy surrounding the group, each person realizes the absence of Freddie has affected them greatly and resolve to use the legacy of directness and honesty which he left them to set their own lives on firmer paths.
- Production Kickoff: Sunday, September 18, 2022, 6:30 pm
Audition: Sunday, September 25, 2022
- 6:30pm - Registration [Audition Form]
- 7:00pm - Auditions begin
Script review, auditions, and performances take place at:
Curtain Players Theatre
5691 Harlem Road, Galena, OH 43021
Curtain Players offers an information session for each of its productions as a help for actors seeking roles, but attendance is not required to audition. The event is an opportunity for actors to become acquainted with the community theatre organization, to discuss the play with the director, and to ask questions about the audition process, rehearsal period, and production plans. Those interested in working behind the scenes are also invited to attend.
Curtain Players conducts open auditions for its productions.
Roles are not cast in advance, and, unless specified otherwise in the role's description, are open to all without regard to race or ethnicity.
Casting decisions are made by the director and a casting committee comprised of a member of the theatre board, a general member of the organization, and individuals of the director's choosing.
Actors are encouraged to come to auditions familiar with the script and ready to read cuttings from the script. Every effort will be made to give actors equal chances to read. Resumes and head shots are helpful but not necessary.
Requests for an early audition for Goodbye, Freddie must be made no later than September 11, 2022.
Questions related to the audition process may be directed to email@example.com.
Rehearsals for our productions begin in an offsite location, to be determined for each production. Approximately one month before opening night, rehearsals move into the Harlem Road playhouse.
Curtain Players donation in
The Giving Store!
Not only does it feel great to volunteer, house staff see performances for free! Learn more >