The Gods of Comedy
Directed by Cathy Cordy
Production Kickoff: January 03, 2023
Audition: January 08, 2023
Mar. 19 & 26, 2023 at 2:00PM
Unless specifically noted, all roles are open to all regardless of race or ethnicity.
- Aristide – (40s) A greek merchant who befriends Daphne while she is visiting Greece. Speaks with an accent. Could also double as Aleksi.
- Daphne – (20s) American professor in the Classics Dept. at a Liberal Arts College, lacks confidence, workaholic, driven.
- Dean Trickett – (50s) Larger than life, ungainly Dean of the Classics Department.
- Ralph – (30s) Professor of American classics, recently hired, good looking, energetic, looks like a college professor.
- Zoe – (mid 30s) Aristide's wife. Small part, could also be voice of Caroline, Dean Trickett's secretary, maybe even double for Brooklyn.
- Aleksi – (40s) Custodian, speaks with Russian accent.
- Dionysus – (30s) God of Revelry, extremely loveable, fun to be with, hearty appetite for all things sexual, anarchic - not showing respect or acceptance of rules.
- Thalia – (mid 20s) Beautiful, God of Comedy, self confident, not real bright, full of charm.
- Brooklyn – (40) Fading movie star who is also an alum of the college, very attractive, stylish, she's perfect.
- Ares – (late 30s) God of War, large, rude, manly, never smiles.
This is a typical Ken Ludwig comedy. Daphne and Ralph are young classics professors who have just made a discovery that's sure to turn them into academic superstars. But something goes disastrously wrong, and Daphne cries out in a panic, "Save me, gods of ancient Greece!" ... and the gods actually appear! The Ivy League will never be the same as a pair of screwball deities encounter the carnal complexity of college coeds, campus capers, and conspicuous consumption.
- Production Kickoff: Tuesday, January 03, 2023, 6:30 pm
Audition: Sunday, January 08, 2023
- 6:30pm - Registration [Audition Form]
- 7:00pm - Auditions begin
Script review, auditions, and performances take place at:
Curtain Players Theatre
5691 Harlem Road, Galena, OH 43021
Curtain Players offers an information session for each of its productions as a help for actors seeking roles, but attendance is not required to audition. The event is an opportunity for actors to become acquainted with the community theatre organization, to discuss the play with the director, and to ask questions about the audition process, rehearsal period, and production plans. Those interested in working behind the scenes are also invited to attend.
Curtain Players conducts open auditions for its productions.
Roles are not cast in advance, and, unless specified otherwise in the role's description, are open to all without regard to race or ethnicity.
Casting decisions are made by the director and a casting committee comprised of a member of the theatre board, a general member of the organization, and individuals of the director's choosing.
Actors are encouraged to come to auditions familiar with the script and ready to read cuttings from the script. Every effort will be made to give actors equal chances to read. Resumes and head shots are helpful but not necessary.
Requests for an early audition for The Gods of Comedy must be made no later than December 18, 2022.
Questions related to the audition process may be directed to email@example.com.
Rehearsals for our productions begin in an offsite location, to be determined for each production. Approximately one month before opening night, rehearsals move into the Harlem Road playhouse.
Curtain Players donation in
The Giving Store!
Not only does it feel great to volunteer, house staff see performances for free! Learn more >