The Game's Afoot
Directed by A. Frederick W. Saint John III
Dec 6 & 7, 2013 at 8:00pm
Dec 13 & 14, 2013 at 8:00pm
Dec 8 & 15, 2013 at 2:00pm
Rich Bloom, Curtis Kinnell, Susan Loar, Patrick Martyn, Nancy Meyer, Cheryl Nelson, Laura Tirronen, & Carly Young
It is December 1936 and Broadway star William Gillette, admired the world over for his leading role in the play Sherlock Holmes, has invited his fellow cast-members to his Connecticut castle for a weekend of revelry. But when one of the guests is stabbed to death, the festivities in this isolated house of tricks and mirrors quickly turn dangerous. Then it's up to Gillette himself, as he assumes the persona of his beloved Holmes, to track down the killer before the next victim appears. The danger and hilarity are non-stop in this glittering whodunit set during the Christmas holidays.
Purchase tickets online or call 614.360.1000.
A Message from the President
Read the latest update from Curtain Players President Kate Charlesworth-Miller.
A Word from Our President
Updated: October 12, 2013
- Spotlight: Curtain Players Looking for Directors for Next Season
- Oct 02: A Change in Our Season
- Jun 03: Join Us For Our Celebrations!
- Jun 03: 'Ticket Turtle' has changed its name to 'Arts People'
- Jun 03: Annual Fund Drive Under Way
- May 19: Nominations Requested for Richard Near and Volunteer of the Year Awards
- Apr 17: Notice of Special Membership Meeting To Amend By-Laws
- Apr 04: Announcing Our 2013-2014 Season!
- Feb 02: 50th Anniversary Celebrations
- Feb 02: Theatre Roundtable Honors Curtain Players
- See all Curtain Players news. >
In the Spotlight
Curtain Players Looking for Directors for Next Season
The Curtain Players Board of Directors has established a Season Selection Committee to choose six directors and six plays for the 2014-15 season.
Similarly to the past couple years, a single committee will select both our directors and our plays for next season. We’re looking for
- directors with talent and enthusiasm, and
- plays that will be loved by our audiences and that will be practicable on our admittedly modest stage.
Curtain Players offers each director a $250 honorarium. Applicants for a director’s position should submit a theatrical resume and application form (pdf or Word format) by October 20, 2013. Interviews with selected applicants will be held in early November.
Interviewees should be prepared to discuss the plays they are proposing, and to provide their reasons for wanting to direct their choices. They will be asked to share their working process and discuss their directing philosophy.
Curtain Players customarily stages shows in September, late October/early November, late November/early December, February, April, and May/June. Each production runs eight performances over three weekends.
Application materials should be emailed to: DirectorSelectionCommittee@curtainplayers.org or may be snail mailed to: Curtain Players 52nd Season Selection Committee, PO Box 1143, Westerville OH 43086. Questions about Curtain Players and/or the selection process may be sent to the same email address.