The Laramie Project
Directed by J. Damon Barnett, Jr.
Feb. 6, 13 & 20, 2022 at 2:00PM
Randy Benge, David Boley, Dianna Craig, Carolyn Harding, Nichole Meredith, Thom Ogilvie, Heather Schultz, & Rusty Wummel
In October 1998, a twenty-one-year-old student at the University of Wyoming was kidnapped, severely beaten, and left tied to a fence in the middle of the prairie outside Laramie, Wyoming. His name was Matthew Shepard, and he was the victim of this assault because he was gay. Moisés Kaufman and fellow members of the Tectonic Theater Project made six trips to Laramie, interviewing more than 200 citizens in the aftermath of Matthew's murder. The Laramie Project is a breathtaking collage that explores the depths to which humanity can sink and the heights of compassion of which we are capable.
Due to strong language, this show is recommended for mature audiences.
Purchase tickets online or call 614.360.1000.
Help the playhouse expand!
Your donation to our capital campaign will help us increase our backstage space, creating two new dressing rooms.
Learn more about our Green Room expansion project and give today!
Mask policy: All volunteers and patrons will be required to wear a facemask while inside the playhouse.
- Feb. 4 - Opening - The Laramie Project
In the Spotlight
Seeking Directors for Season 60! Apply by Sept. 4
Curtain Players is seeking six directors for our 60th season, slated to run from September 2022 to May 2023. Shows will be selected from director proposals.
Directors are invited to propose shows that they would love to direct on our stage; shows that will be enthusiastically received by our audiences and a good fit for staging at our playhouse.
Prospective directors can email their interest and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application packet. This packet includes complete details about the application process, requirements, and technical information about our theater. Please submit electronic copies or electronic perusal copies of all scripts for consideration.
Applications are due September 4, 2021.
The Season Selection Committee, chaired by Kathy Hyland, will hold interviews in September via Zoom. Applicants should be prepared to discuss the plays being proposed, working process, and directing philosophy.
Questions about the season selection process and the theatre may be directed to President Heather Schultz at email@example.com
- Spotlight: Seeking Directors for Season 60! Apply by Sept. 4
- Aug 20: Casting of Angel Street Announced!
- Jul 05: REMINDER: AUDITIONS – July 6 – Nana's Naughty Knickers
- Jul 05: Reminder: Work Day Volunteers Needed for July 10
- Jun 16: Playwrights Selected for 4th New Works Initiative
- Jun 03: Sign Up for Curtain Players Work Day – July 10
- Jun 03: Volunteers Needed for 'Last Gas'
- Jun 03: Board Members Elected
- Apr 19: Save the Date – Annual Membership Meeting / Elections: May 25
- Nov 28: Rest Assured Cast Announced!
- See all Curtain Players news. >